This year has not been the one I imagined it would be. I’m not going to lie, when 2020 started I had high hopes. I had hoped things between my daughter’s father and I would work out. I had hoped to run the Chicago marathon for the second time. I had hoped to be a science teacher in a local High School. While none of these situations panned out, so much more, better things have happened this year.
I have been inspired by both a good friend of mine and Gwen Stefani to list out all of the abundance that happened this year. So, please enjoy:
- I got to spend so much more time with my amazing daughter Aria.
- I financially survived my income getting cut in half overnight in March.
- I learned to adapt to a pandemic by utilizing my toolbox of skills and experience and becoming a relief vet tech.
- I learned how to tutor and eventually teach over Zoom.
- I continued running despite the marathon being cancelled. I ran a virtual relay with my friends.
- I started my 2nd Master’s Degree in June.
- I stepped out of my comfort zone and became a science teacher in a local Middle School.
- I am now on the right path towards my career goals.
- I travelled to Denver and Door County and spent some quality time in nature.
- I went on some interesting and new dating adventures despite Covid-19.
- I sold my 2007 Jetta for a good price. Kind of bittersweet, as it was my first new car that I grew out of.
- I’m gearing up to buy a safer and upgraded car for Aria and me.
While I am still a work in progress, I have come further than I thought I would this year. And I am looking forward to what’s next, despite the pandemic. 2020 has been good to me, and I am excited for 2021.
Let me end by saying: Let me reintroduce myself. I’m still the Jen you know, but I am growing everyday. You could say I’m evolving. Until next time.